CEREAN stands for Central European Real Estate Associations Network, registered as a civic association, non governmental, not for profit organisation, concerned with the development of ethical and professional real estate markets in the member countries. The emphasis is also on promotion of home ownership in a democratic systém of government.
CEREAN stands for Central European Real Estate Associations Network, registered as a civic association, non governmental, not for profit organisation, concerned with the development of ethical and professional real estate markets in the member countries. The emphasis is also on promotion of home ownership in a democratic systém of government. CEREAN was organised on June 10th, 1995 at the 2nd Annual Conference of Central and Eastern European Real Estate Associations held in Krakow, Poland. On 18th October 1998 in Warsaw, a joint meeting between CEREAN/CEEVAN (Central and Eastern European Valuers Association Network) signed a joint Protocol with Eastern European Real Property Foundation, where under the terms of their cooperative agreement with USAID, the Foundation underwrote the support of joint efforts of CEREAN/CEEVAN through the creation of the Secretariat, to build self-sustaining regional networks able to enhance the development of their member associations and contribute to the growth of strong regional real estate markets. This Protocol also serves as the basis for cooperation between the CEREAN/CEEVAN organisations and sets the base for creating a working relationship to achieve mutual objectives, namely to -
- plan and carry out training activities responsive to the needs of members
- standardize a code of professional ethics for the region
- set qualifications of professional practice for the region
- assist national and sub-national member associations in the fostering of activities that will support local economic development and decentralization in the regions
- assist national and sub-national associations to acquire the skills to engage in legislative and regulatory advocacy on issues of professional concern
- expand the current membership of the regional networks
- become financially self-sustaining
- integrate into global real estate markets
Membership in CEREAN is open to all associations of professionals concerned with real estate within the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. It is aimed at real estate brokers and managers organised in national associations . Each national association nominates their representative into the CEREAN Council, usually the President or General Secretary of the Association. CEREAN Council at present consists of seven members, representatives of Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia and Slovakia. New members in the year 2000 are Ukraine and Albania.
The direction of the network is guided by the CEREAN Council. The Council consists of one representative from each member associations. Each year an association from a member country organises together with CEREAN Secretariat a CEREAN conference on a rotation basis. CEREAN Conference is the major annual event for all CEREAN members. CEREAN Council each year nominates the President and two Vice Presidents, which together form the CEREAN Board which guides and supervises the work of the Secretariat during the year. The Coordinator of CEREAN activities is the CEREAN Secretariat, located in Prague and staffed by the Executive Vice- President and the Executive Assistant.
Affiliated Membership is open to all professionals associated with real estate, namely Accountants, Architects, Appraisers, Attorneys, Banks, Brokers, City and Regional Planners, Corporate Planners, Counselors, Developers, Development and Construction Companies, Land-use Professionals, Pension Funds, Private Investors, Property Advisors, Property Investment Companies, Property Managers, Surveyors and other professionals and companies connected with real estate issues.
What advantages we offer our affiliated members:
- an opportunity to get acquainted with local and regional development directly on the ground level in each country through networking
- an opportunity to join or create a powerful lobby on specific issues concerning real estate in each country with the support of a large international network
- an opportunity to directly influence and gain support on issues important to the prosperity of real estate companies
- free referral on CEREAN Internet Pages and link to your own web pages. CEREAN pages provide not only link to all national associations and their home page news, but also referral links to National Association of Realtors in the US, European CEI and gradually to all important organisations in real estate. CEREAN pages will become, with your help, "Voice for Real Estate in Central and Eastern Europe" on www.CEREAN.com
- free inclusion in the annual CEREAN Directory which covers the whole of Eastern Europe
- participation on all education programs, conferences and other events at reduced fees
- free four quarterly Bulletins which also offer you platform for information about your field of interest, platform for your articles and input of your relevant news
- free mailing of international information on events in real estate worldwide, links to other professionals and platform for advertising to associated professions and
- free access and inclusion on VIP and contact lists "Who is who in real estate in EE"